Tuesday 1 March 2016

A Break From Reality




For Christmas, my mum got a spa voucher for two at the Bowfield Hotel & Country Club and last weekend we finally made use of her gift – making this my first ever trip to a spa and I loved every second of it! You may think that at 20 (almost 21) it’s ridiculous that I’ve never visited a spa and yes, I guess it is but this is the first time I’ve ever felt confident enough to go into a room with a total stranger and let them rub oil over me. As weird and gross as that sounds, that’s essentially what it is and when you don’t feel very body confident, that’s the last thing you want to do!

We decided a few hours wasn’t enough for us to fully relax and unwind so we booked in for an overnight stay to truly get the most out of the use of the spa facilities. We had the best time ever just floating about the spa all day. We definitely got our money's worth out of the Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room, especially since we were the only ones there for the first few hours – Fridays are definitely the best day to go! 

No mini break is complete without prosecco and chocolates, so naturally, we took both with us to enjoy after our massages - not very slimming world friendly but we decided to treat ourselves and enjoy our weekend.


Aside from the beautiful setting of the jacuzzi in the spa, the open wood fire in the restaurant area of the hotel was my favourite part - isn't it beautiful!? Nothing beats the smell of a wood fire.


I thoroughly enjoyed the mini break from reality and I'm now a lover of spa weekends. 

I definitely won't leave it another 20 years!

Until next time,

AJ x 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment